Thursday 29 November 2012

The Issues: The Death Penalty

More politics.
        Voting is so complicated, because you want to vote for someone who shares your views on important issues, BUT there are SO many issues and SO many different valid opinions on each issue, there's no way between two people (Yes, I'm only recognizing one Democrat and one Republican, sorry...) one of them will share your same views. So I thought I'd share "my view" on the major issues. And since I'm "republican", I'll start with the one major topic I see differently...

       WARNING: I am a disciple of Jesus. I am a Christian, so many of my opinions will be biblically-based.
        I understand why someone would be for the death penalty. America has so many people in prison and of those people SO many of them are in for life, or 10 lifetimes with no parole. We know that those selection of people will be in that prison until they die, no matter what happens, so why keep them there? Why waste the money? Why waste the space? Our tax dollars are being used to keep these people, that have done SUCH AWFUL things that they have no chance of ever leaving prison again, alive. Men and women that have murdered and raped and so on and so forth. Are these people really worth my tax dollars? Some would say no. So some would say the solution is the death penalty.

       I say no. If we murder a murderer, are we any better? But it's for a "good reason".
       The Bible says "Thou shalt not kill". Our laws say "Thou shalt not kill". That doesn't mean, "Thou shalt not kill...unless they are costing us too much money, then go ahead...".
   
       As a Christian, my main goal is for EVERYONE to make Heaven. If I decide the death penalty is okay, then I am cutting short a life, when had that person lived a few years longer, maybe they would have had a change of heart. Maybe those few extra years would make the difference between an eternity of life or an eternity of death in hell. I'm not willing to take that chance. I'm not willing to put someone else life in my hands when it belongs in God's.

And that's my view on the Death Penalty.

Here's hopin'...

"[Love] bears all things, hopes all things, believes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.

1 Corinthians 13:7-8a
 

No comments:

Post a Comment