Tuesday 6 November 2012

Politics

Yeah, I'm going to talk politics.
        Let's start with the stars of the show...
Barack Obama: I don't think you're a bad person, an idiot or the Anti-Christ. I don't think you're doing what you told us you would, and I don't like what you are doing. I disagree with a lot of your opinions, and I have not found one person to give me a good reason to vote for you.

I think your first election was really won because you're "cool" and "funny", which is great, but not why we should vote for someone to run our country. I also think you won, because, yes, you are black. You guys know I think racist jokes are funny, but this is not one of them. There was a perspective that year that if you didn't vote for Obama, clearly you're racist. You would be blind to say otherwise because there were some people that literally said those words.

I don't think you should get a second term for many reasons, mostly because we disagree politically, but also because of this: during your election in 2008, you said if you didn't "fix the economy" by the end of your four years, you would be a one-term president. Have you fixed the economy? No, sir. Whether it was your fault or not, it is worse, and now you're breaking a promise.

Mitt Romney: I don't think when you said you didn't care about 47% of the population, that you meant that literally. I believe you meant it in a strategic way. You were talking freely because you thought you were in the privacy of trustworthy people. I didn't even take offense when you talked about how most of that 47% are too dependent on welfare to vote for someone other than Obama. I actually agree. That doesn't mean everyone on welfare is too lazy to get up and do something with their lives, but I know way too many people that are. I could write a-whole-nother post just on dependency on welfare...

I definitely agree with you on more issues than I do with Obama, but that does not mean I think you'll be a great president. You still feel a little slimy to me (I have no facts, that's just my opinion), and I've heard too many things about your lack for want of birth control (which is none of your business) to feel comfortable with you possibly changing laws. (Again, I don't know the facts.)

I think you could win, because a lot of people are tired of Obama's presidency, and unfortunately we all know it's either you or Obama.

Now let's discuss "slander". This goes for everyone, but especially Christians! Funny how when you get an opinion about something or someone, suddenly you forget who you are representing.
Here's some examples of people I thought were Christians: (all names will be removed)
"People are idiots!"
"One Big A(you know what goes here) Mistake America"
"My political post of the night: I have decided to un-friend everyone posting excitement/relief over Obama winning the election. I can't be friends with liberals. Better said, I can't be friends with dumb a(Again, I think you get the idea)s."

You guys are great example of God's love! Oh and also of how we supposedly have faith in a God that's bigger than an election... (Note: Sarcasm)

It's so disappointing to me that people will talk like this about other people. 
Here's another example: Imagine if suddenly millions of people were saying awful things about you...how would your grandmother feel? Hmmm? 

There are ways to express yourself that aren't rude or degrading of other people! 


Also, I want to say one more thing for now. I don't post a lot of political opinion on facebook, and here's why: I don't feel like I know enough about the people or the issues to have grounds for arguments. I do know bits and pieces from articles I read and news I watch, but mostly I hear from biased people.

I'm tired of ignorant people talking up politics. Let me get you a definition of that real quick...LACKING IN KNOWLEDGE. What's knowledge? Acquaintance with FACTS. Hey 13 year olds, listening to your parents isn't fact. Hey "some people", reading or listening to super biased news isn't fact! Figure out the facts, then your opinion will be valid.

In Sam World, the Sam is represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the people who inspire her and the research she does. These are her opinions.

Say whaaat??


Here's hoping...

"[Love] bears all things, hopes all things, believes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13 : 7-8a

No comments:

Post a Comment